- Smith Mt. Lake, W. E. Skelton 4-H Educational Center
June 21-23, 2013
- Camp Highroads-Middleburg, VA
July 26-28, 2013
- Camp Airfield-Wakefield, VA
August 23-25, 2013
FACES members are a voice for resource families and children…and every voice counts. Over 1000 families are calling FACES their organization, will you be the next?
We have two key goals:
1. To represent every foster, adoptive, and kinship family in Virginia at state planning meetings for regulations, policies, and practices as well as providing timely and essential information to state legislators when they come to Richmond. You can learn more about our work at the state level by joining our FACEBOOK or Foster Parent Central on-line community accessible from the home page.
2. To serve families and communities through support and education so that every child in the care of foster, adoptive, and kinship families is treated with dignity, respect, and equality in order to reach their full adult potential.
We can’t do this alone. We need every parent, sibling, aunt, uncle, grandparent, and youth to stand with us in taking a stand for the children in our care. Will you join us?
As a FACES member we will support you through:
- Advocacy Alerts giving you information about federal/state legislation issues that matter to families. We subscribe to CapWiz for our website so that you have an easy mechanism for finding your elected officials and sending them messages.
- Web Notes lettings you know about important updates to our website and web links we believe you will find useful.
- Training Bulletins keeping you posted on training opportunities which we believe are beneficial to resource parents.
- Family Living newsletter providing helpful tips for your family.
- Ladders4Youth newsletter to provide you with resources and information to support youth living in your home or those leaving care.
- Representation on all Virginia Department of Social Services committees as well as other state committees impacting child welfare in Virginia and an educational advocacy voice at the state legislative level.
- Discounts to training and educational events sponsored by FACES.
- Toolkits for families in need of resource referrals and educational information, upon request.
In addition, the first 500 new foster, adoptive, or kinship parent members this year will receive:
- One free Foster Parent College on-line training course OR
- One free annual subscription to Fostering Families, Adoption Today, or Grandfamilies magazine.
FACES also offers exciting membership opportunities for agencies, organizations, and businesses.