- Smith Mt. Lake, W. E. Skelton 4-H Educational Center
June 21-23, 2013
- Camp Highroads-Middleburg, VA
July 26-28, 2013
- Camp Airfield-Wakefield, VA
August 23-25, 2013
Every day is another opportunity!
to change a community by helping a child.
Are you ready for YOUR opportunity?
FACES of Virginia Families: Foster, Adoption, and Kinship Association seeks caring, compassionate community members with a day, a week, a month, a year, or a lifetime to help make Virginia communities the best they can be! And, it starts one child at a time.
Virginia has over 6000 children in foster care without a permanent place to call home.
Community members are finding time to volunteer to foster success. Not all families are able to provide permanent homes for children unable to live with their birth parents. These families are still finding ways to help. Maybe your opportunity to improve your community lies in the potential of just one child. Check out these ways to get engaged in your community:
- Collect backpacks and school supplies. Invite your faith community to collect backpacks and fill them with school supplies and a note of encouragement to a child. FACES will be happy to help with storage and distribution.
- Organize a suitcase drive. Did you know that most children entering foster care have had their belongings stuffed in a garbage bag when they were removed from their home? A suitcase drive helps to supply child protective workers with resources for children they must move. An added bonus is when that suitcase comes complete with a teddy bear, some personal care items, and a diary. FACES can help with storage and distribution.
- Set up a Gift Card day at your local library. Did you know that children in foster care are generally only provided $350 per year for clothing? You know how kids grow and this amount barely makes a dent in their actually clothing needs. Consider contacting your local library and ask to publicize a gift card day for kids! Your project can encourage community members to drop off gift cards for local clothing and shoe stores, so that these children can get the clothing they need. FACES can help!
- Develop a caring community of the future by helping kids help kids. Children should learn early the satisfaction that can come from helping others. So, consider a Toy Drive for Kids by Kids. Involve your childâ€™s soccer team or dance class. Ask the coach or instructors to send flyers home with children encouraging children to do extra chores for one week to earn enough money to buy a new toy for a child. And, you may want to consider doing this at times other than December! FACES can help with storage and distribution ideas.
Contact us for support, speaking engagements, storage, and distribution:
Or toll-free: 877-823-2237 (877 VA FACES).
FACES is here to help you help kids! Contact us! Together we can change a lifetime!