Grandfamilies State Law and Policy Resource Center
The Grandfamilies State Law and Policy Resource Center, a collaboration between Casey Family Programs, the American Bar Association's Center on Children and the Law, and Generations United, serves as a national legal resource created to educate individuals about state laws and legislation in support of grandfamilies and to assist interested state legislators, advocates, caregivers, attorneys, and other policymakers in exploring policy options to support relatives and the children in their care both within and outside the child welfare system. This resource center consists of a searchable database of current laws and pending legislation; topical analyses, which include summaries and comparisons of state laws, legislative trends, and practical advocacy and implementation information; powerful personal stories from grandfamilies; and other relevant internet resources.
Training Tip Sheets
State and Local Agencies
- Generations United
- National Committee of Grandparents for Children's Rights
- KINship Information Network
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Grandfamilies of America
- AARP Grandparent Information Center
- North American Council on Adoptable Children
- National Council For Adoption
- National Adoption Center
- Center for Adoption Support & Education, Inc.