- Smith Mt. Lake, W. E. Skelton 4-H Educational Center
June 21-23, 2013
- Camp Highroads-Middleburg, VA
July 26-28, 2013
- Camp Airfield-Wakefield, VA
August 23-25, 2013
As an open-content collaborative forum for news and information, the views and content reflected herein do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of FACES of Virginia Families, its staff or its volunteers.
Content is added and edited by the volunteer association community as well as the staff and consultants of the association, and entries have not necessarily been vetted or reviewed by FACES. Therefore, FACES makes no guarantee as to the validity of the content contained herein.
Our goal is to harness the collective knowledge of the associationâ€™s community, and, at any given time, the vast majority of content contained herein should be sound. However, you should consider the source of the content to be the contributors, not FACES.
- Articles included herein have not undergone a formal peer review process.
- The information contained herein may change at any time. FACES is not responsible for inaccurate information or any changes or deletions to information you have provided.
- There is no agreement between you as a reader or contributor and FACES or its Board of Directors. By contributing to the content, you are granting the right to the use of your content.
- Any trademarks, service marks, or the like, are the property of their respective owners.
- The materials on this website are great idea generators, but are certainly no substitute for a lawyer. Nothing in these resources should be construed as legal adviceâ€”even the legal sounding stuff. If you need legal advice, consult your attorney.
- The Open Arms Initiative is a voluntary effort to help families become connected with waiting children in local departments of social servicesâ€™ or private agenciesâ€™ foster care programs. FACES makes no claim as to the appropriateness of any family featured on the website. Local departments, private child-placing agencies, and the courts are the only entities authorized to determine appropriateness of specific families for children. FACES requires each application for the Open Arms Initiative to be submitted with a letter of recommendations from the agency which has approved the familyâ€™s home study, including their criminal background check. This is the only information that FACES requires prior to developing and placing the individual Family Albums on the Open Arms Initiativeâ€™s webpages on the FACES website.